Notarized statement enough for child support?

QUESTION: If have a statement notarized is it legal? Father not on birth records, signs a notarized paper to Voluntary pay support. If in future could that be used against him In a family court?

ANSWER: No. The parent/father is only obligated to contribute to the support of the child if he has been legally determined to be the biological parent by virtue of a Judgment of Filiation, Affidavit of Parentage, or Acknowledgement of Paternity.

About the Author:

51 years of skillful & effective representation in Family, Divorce, Custody, and Support matters.

Leave a Reply